Our Client is a leading Commodity Trading house with a truly global reach; this role exists within the Energy Trading business which trades various products including Oil & Gas.
We are seeking an experienced, commercially orientated Credit Analyst to join an established team in London, who can demonstrate a confident, likeable personality who can demonstrate a sound understanding of credit risk assessment and management in the context of a commodities trading environment and in particular, physical oil trading and the derivatives trading markets.
As you will have regular liaison with Front Office, strong communications are essential, as is the ability to learn fast and take initiative to broaden your knowledge.
As Credit Analyst, your key responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for a portfolio of counterparties operating across a broad range of sectors and countries.
- Assess and advise on counterparty risk and mitigations.
- Recommend internal limits, security instruments, payment and credit terms.
- Monitor credit and performance risk, report non-performing counterparties and adverse credit events.
- Assist with the negotiation and execution of parent company guarantees, netting agreements, and other commercial agreements.
- Ensure compliance with the internal credit policy & procedures.
- Engage with Front, Middle, and Back offices functions, legal counsels, advisors, and other key stakeholders to resolve credit related issues.
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis.
- Represent credit department views at meetings.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated with a degree in finance with solid financial analysis skill.
- Current work based experience in credit analysis acquired preferably in an oil major, commodities trading house, energy utility or financial institution.
- Understanding of the commodities markets and derivative products with experience in covering at least one of the following sectors: oil & gas, shipping, refining sectors.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to broaden his/her knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team and engage with others is essential.
- Additional languages are an advantage.
- Counterparty Risk
- Credit Analysis
- Credit Risk
- Oil Industry