An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a leading and award-winning company based in Manchester City Centre for an experienced Credit Risk Analyst.
Responsible for supporting the operations and development of risk management activities, including:
- The preparation and presentation of credit applications for approval.
- The continued review of risk processes and the credit quality within the portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To process new business applications and periodic credit limit reviews.
- Preparation of detailed Credit Application Requests, incorporating a detailed financial analysis and a full appraisal of all credit risk factors.
- Each credit application prepared is to either recommend a decision to the appropriate level of authority, or to formally document the decision when the authority lies within delegated credit authority level.
- To ensure all credit applications processed and the associated reporting is conducted with full compliance.
- Constantly review credit process and systems, in particular Credit/Sales interfaces, ensuring optimal processes are in place.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for mitigating credit risk, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- Participate in meetings in order to resolve issues and identify solutions that enable credit facilities to be approved.
- Monitor the credit limit review schedule for all counter-parties.
- Support the Credit Risk Management function by ensuring that guarantees and letters of credit are monitored, reviewed and updated where necessary.
- Ensure that all administration for credit insurance is completed & submitted correctly.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.
- Able to assess complex problems and deliver solutions.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Written presentations skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Relevant experience in a Risk environment.
- Working knowledge of corporate credit assessment.
- Ability to produce accurate reports to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of company Accounts and experience in financial analysis.
- Ideally educated to degree level within a numerical, financial or business-related discipline.
You will be offered a competitive starting salary and generous company benefits to include - annual bonus incentive, generous holiday entitlement and progression opportunities.
- Corporate Credit
- Credit Risk
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Management