Credit Research and Structuring Analyst
PIC are looking for a credit analyst to join their growing credit research team. The applicant will produce internal ratings and research to support the management of PIC’s exposure to the housing association and university sectors. We are looking for an individual with analytical ability, experience in ratings processes either at a financial institution or at a recognised rating agency.
How this role fits into the business
The ALM team seeks to optimise PIC’s investment strategy in line with the firm’s risk appetite. The team aims to maximise risk adjusted returns on capital via portfolio construction and optimisation, manager selection and asset sourcing and liability hedging. The team is responsible for monitoring all of our investments with a particular focus on our credit portfolios. The team aims to minimising defaults and losses on investments, as well as by mitigating financial risks where PIC doesn’t believe it can earn a sufficient premium risk premium
· To understand and work within Pension Corporation’s Guidelines on treating customers fairly
· Writing annual credit reviews in respect of debt investments managed internally
· Presentation of annual credit reviews to both credit and investment committees
· Writing sector/regulatory reviews annually
· Presentation of sector/regulatory reviews to both credit and investment committees
· Creating and updating peer tables setting the key financial and sector specific ratios
· Ongoing monitoring - updating team/management of (i) news in respect of issuers, associated counterparties and peers, and (ii) sector regulatory updates
· Ongoing reporting of financial data associated with the internally managed portfolio
· Participating in credit committees to assess credit risks associated with new invesmtents recommended by the origination team
Knowledge, experience, skills and abilities (technical competencies)
· Attention to detail, consistency, accuracy (credit analysis skills)
· Ability to manage workload/prioritise work occurring concurrently
· Sector awareness (effective portfolio monitoring)
· Problem solving (ability to structure organic solutions in respect of holdings (a) to address inherent problems, or (b) improve features of a deal, where applicable)
· Diligence in presenting ideas and challenges
If interested, please apply via the link to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'