In this role you will be responsible for collection and management of debt on the Major Account Ledger. You will be responsible for managing half of the Major Credit team (6-8 people). This will involve training, development, support and appraising.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Controlling adherence to departmental processes, workflow and ensuring effective collection of outstanding debt in accordance to terms, in order to surpass department objectives and minimise level of bad debt
• Reviewing and prioritising debt and outstanding tasks daily
• Identifying, analysing and recommending corrective action for non-payment, working with customers and credit representative to resolve and rectify any issues
• Preparing and completing month end reports for each sector
• Reviewing existing processes for relevance and to ensure continued Best Practise
• Liaising with other departments to ensure that issues are resolved quickly and correctly
• Conduct bi-yearly staff appraisals, ensuring that all staff are given quarterly progress reviews regarding objectives and career progression
• Proactively share knowledge, assist and train other members of team. Build and monitor yearly training plans.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have in depth knowledge of credit control procedures with 5 years’ experience in a credit control role
• Have at least 2 years’ managerial experience
• Display initiative and forward planning in determining departmental objectives, projects and focus
• Possess a strong understanding of business goals, how they impact Credit and in turn how Credit impact them.
• Have excellent IT and communication skills, with the ability to remain professional under all circumstances
• Be able to successfully forge and maintain effective working relationships
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job