Your new company
Hays are working in exclusive partnership with a well-established and growing international logistics business. This company are going from strength to strength and are looking to add to their already strong team.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead, manage and shape the Credit Query & Invoice Administration teams You will be providing financial and operational leadership across the business, contributing expertise in the development and implementation of procedures, whilst driving the continuous improvement in processes, controls and effective use of IT tools and solutions.
Specifically you will:
- Manage the Query and Invoice Admin teams
- Ensure invoices are raised to the client within the agreed targets and quality expectations
- Ensure customer queries are processed and resolved within the agreed targets
- Review processes and procedures to make recommendations for improvements in efficiency, financial controls and/or customer satisfaction
- Own the un-invoiced revenue outside KPI and complete Finance reports to present to wider business
- Ensure effective financial controls are in place to capture all revenue and mitigate risk, working with Senior management around the business to implement new and review/improve current business rules
- Work with IT to enhance Finance billing systems to ensure revenue is being captured successfully for business wide tasks resulting in time savings and maximising profit
- Proactively find solutions to operational issues in an ever-changing environment
- Support and influence Commercial/Sales Trade Teams with customer meetings/conference calls regarding invoicing processes, business rules and collection of charges
- Ability to find Solutions to operational situations to ensure no loss of revenue or customer experience
- Development of business wide Teams, helping, supporting and ensuring they understand Finance processes, procedures and systems by using effective influencing skills
- Work with Credit Control ensuring cash collection is maximised
- Work collaboratively across the business, working with key Stakeholders
- Positively Influence, support and test internal/Global systems and projects across the business
- Optimum utilisation of resource, data and business knowledge
- Analyse queries and credit notes to lead improvements throughout the business
- Proactively work across the business with Customer Service, Commercial and Rating bringing relevant data to drive improvements
- Effective objective setting, performance management and talent development across the function
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours a week based, Monday to Friday in the office. This role currently doesn't offer any remote working options
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience in a similar invoice query or credit management role
- Strong Communication and analytical skills
- Excellent people management and motivational skills
- Ability to manage the demands of a fast-changing department
- Ability to recognise potential problems quickly and to implement solutions
- An advanced understanding of shipping and operations
- An advanced understanding of the bigger picture and how other areas of the business operate and can impact Finance
- Ability to deliver under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Decision making and positively adapting to change
- Create and maintain strong cross business relationships
- Ideally CICM qualified
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary package, free on site parking, 25 days holiday, health and dental care package amongst other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'