Credit Controller (Part-Time)
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (office/remote working)
We are MyDek Ltd - on a mission to make high-rise balcony living safer through our fully certified, non-combustible decking system.
Operating in the huge balcony refurbishment market as well as the new-build market, we harness our vast experience, creativity, passion and drive to make balconies and terraces safe places to be.
We are now seeking a Credit Controller to join our team on a part-time basis working two days per week on a flexible basis.
- Salary of £27,000 - £30,000 DOE per annum (pro rata)
- 23 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Healthcare scheme (after probation)
- Pension scheme (after probation)
- Full flexibility on which days/hours are worked
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced credit control professional with excellent customer service skills to take the next step in their career with our innovative and highly successful company.
As part of a larger, highly profitable, privately owned group, you can rest assured that you are joining a secure organisation that is growing and can offer you a superb career path. There will be plenty of opportunities for personal development, enabling you to reach your career goals and enhance your skill set.
What’s more, this role offers a hybrid working model, you will be able to work from the comfort of home as well as enjoying the vibrant environment of our offices in Milton Keynes.
As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring customer invoices do not go overdue and all income is collected in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will communicate with clients to discuss and schedule payments, issue invoices and approve credit applications from customers.
Additionally, you will:
- Chase payment of invoices in an efficient manner using the CRM
- Manage credit insurance limits and credit limits on accounting software
- Escalate issues and disputes as soon as possible
- Maintain the trade debtors on Zoho
- Report both the overdue debtors and a four-week future cash collection summary to the Finance Manager
- Provide weekly cash collection reports to the Finance Manager and Finance Director
To join us as a Credit Controller, you will need:
- Three years’ experience in a similar role
- Three years’ experience of communicating effectively with customers
- One year’s experience of posting data to Zoho Books or a similar finance system
- Intermediate Excel skills
- The ability to evaluate complex business requirements and handle detailed data analysis
- Project management skills
- Influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a CIMA qualification or similar.
This is a part-time role working two days per week with full flexibility over which day and hours are worked.
Other organisations may call this role Billing and Credit Controller, Financial Controller, Accounts Receivable Officer, Billing Co-ordinator, or Accountant.
Webrecruit and MyDek are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Credit Controller, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'