• Responsible for sales ledgers of approx. 1.8millon, proactively chasing debt and reducing debtor days
• Delegating day to day activities to the Finance Assistant to ensure proactive management of the ledger
• Identifying requirements for debt reduction with fortnightly ledger reviews with team members
• Management and analysis of large and complex customers
• Supporting in managing the contracts division through to payment, including risk analysis and reporting when required. Working closely with Project Managers and Contract Director. Highlighting any risks/issues to the Finance Director for escalation
• Acting as the primary escalation point for credit control queries and having a hands-on approach with the service department and other areas of the business, through to resolution
• Identifying bad debt and taking necessary steps to prevent doubtful debt, such as placing on credit hold to prevent goods/services, issuing legal letters, and processing legal claims
• Accurate daily cash postings
• Completing monthly ledger reconciliations
• Provide month end reporting
• Key involvement in regular audits
• Credit checking new customers; imposing and maintaining credit limits and creating accounts
• Continuous credit risk analysis, tracking and reporting to the Finance Director
• Cash collections/cash flow reporting direct to the Finance Director
• Insightful commercial and financial analysis reporting when required direct to the FD/MD/Sales
• Other ad-hoc duties required.
• Previous experience in credit control – essential
• Proactive and able to use initiative and be responsible for managing their own workload
• Previous experience using Sage - desirable
• Strong Excel Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'