Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £20 - 24k per annum
Job Reference: LA874185
Our client a leading distributor based in Basildon is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their team.
You will be able to support effective credit control and cash management via raising invoices and credit notes and resolving issues between customers and sales.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Accountabilities (personal area of control or decision making and what they monitor)
* Create a credit query and share with relevant department to be investigate when customers raise issues. This needs to be escalated to the financial controller if not resolved within 2 weeks
* Authorisation of customer credits up to agreed departmental limit
Responsibilities (support function, with ultimate decision making and monitoring located elsewhere)
* Generate invoices and credit notes in accordance with standard procedures to ensure effective cash and credit control. Ensure this is carried out in an efficient and timely manner
* Access the bank to print off statements and match payments to customer accounts on a daily basis so that any financial holds can be lifted to assist sales in meeting their targets
* Reconcile client statements to ensure that transactions are accurately processed and recorded
* Be first point of contact for all relevant enquiries for clients
* Respond to client enquiries by meeting with sales staff to ensure that any disputes about payments and deliveries are resolved as quickly as possible
* Complete and upload EC Sales information to HMRC website on a monthly basis
* Review systems and processes and make suggestions for improvements where necessary
* Setting up of new client accounts and maintaining existing account details
* Ensure filing is completed regularly and accurately
* Any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager
Qualifications and Experience
* Credit controller experience
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
* Microsoft Dynamics 2012/Axapta experience
* CICM qualification or relevant experience
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Lisa Attawia at Adore Recruitment.
Adore Commercial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in commercial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Sales Administrator, Call Centre Agent, Customer Service Specialist, PA/Secretarial, Receptionist Service Co - ordinator, Operations Assistant, Productions Administrator, Import/Export Clerk, Finance Manager, Compliance Assistant, Event Managers, Procurement/Purchasing and Facilities Manager. We are acting as an employment business/agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'