Our client is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to cover a 6 month contract within their busy accounts department. They have prestigious offices and the added benefit of onsite parking.
This role will be split between contract administration and debt collection and involve the following:
- Review and distribute monthly sales ledger statements in accordance in the customers preferred format, i.e. Post/fax/email.
- Preparing and distributing monthly hire and contract invoices.
- Assist with daily cash posting and identification of daily bank transactions.
- Regularly update debtors system in order to assess and prioritise collection activities.
- Prepare initial reminder letters to customers as their balance becomes overdue.
- Prepare subsequent reminder letters in accordance with company policy.
- Plan and prioritise those clients who require further collection activities and decide the most appropriate course of action to follow, i.e. further letters/email/phone/visit or referral to colleagues and managers as appropriate.
- Ensure all activities are recorded, appropriate diary notes created and followed up in reasonable time.
- Ensure that all outstanding queries are flagged accordingly, and the relevant departments are made aware, taking timely action to resolve such queries.
- Answering telephone enquiries and taking ownership where required or passing the enquiry to the appropriate person/department.
- Instigate and manage legal proceedings, ensuring documentation requirements of solicitors are met in a timely manner in alignment with the FD.
- Attend and prepare for monthly debtor meetings and deal with any follow-up matters raised.
- Coordinating with Purchase Ledger to ensure fluid transactions are raised, allocated and cleared.
- Raising of rental and maintenance invoices ensuring monthly payments and instalments are collected by direct debit and other means.
- Updating & opening accounts, co-ordinating trade references and Experian reports.
- Run weekly reports & distribute within the Company.
The ideal candidate will:
- Previous experience within credit control
- Confident communicator
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Be a team player
- Have a strong work ethic
As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In line with GDPR regulations, we are making you aware that to proceed with your application we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. To receive future job alerts from us, you will be required to provide consent within our marketing preference options. The link will be provided in an email to you. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'