A Lloyd's Insurer in the City require a Credit Controller to join their Finance Team on what is initially a 6 month contract. This role would be suitable for someone with between 1 and 3 years of experience in a similar role who is looking for the next step in their career.
Duties will include:
- Chasing Brokers for the collection of outstanding inwards Premiums;
- Assist in preparation of weekly reports;
- Take responsibility for outstanding premiums, sending monthly statements to the Brokers and monitor the responses for appropriate action;
- Liaise with the Underwriter for the Premium to check the current situation and then take further action with follow up calls to the Broker;
- Use the Lloyd's accounting system and check where slips are to identify what has been paid and signed for premiums and line slips;
- Cash matching of the daily signing messages within the Credit Control system;
- Face-to-face meeting with Brokers with the intention of resolving any issues or queries;
- Feedback and alert the Credit Control Manager with any relevant market information;
- Use formal reporting mechanisms to promptly notify relevant parties of any perceived new risks or failures of existing control measures; and
- Ad hoc duties and projects when required.
- Work experienced gained within either an insurance/reinsurance underwriter, MGA, broker or P&I Club; and
- Strong Excel skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone with some exposure to IBA Accounts to join a growing company in a supportive and progressive environment. There will be opportunities to build and improve on current knowledge and skills gained in previous employment.
Suitable candidates will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, getting involved with various projects as the underwriter undergoes and continued period of expansion.
- Credit Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'