This Stevenage based client is recruiting for a Credit Controller to join their Credit Control Team. Reporting to the Credit Manager, you would be working closely with the Sales and Customer Service departments to ensure that cash receipts are maximized and to mitigate credit risk/bad debts through the proactive use of your skills.
The role will be recruited on an initial 6 month contract with a view to a permanent role in future. You will therefore ideally be available at little or no notice but candidates available on one month’s notice will also be considered.
The successful applicant will possess strong critical thinking, analytical and decision making skills. You should have experience interacting and working with small and large customers and will be expected to consider each business issue from the view point of the customer and their partnership with our business.
You should also understand when it’s appropriate to renegotiate payment plans.
- Responsible for cash collection on a ledger in excess of 300 customers
- Opening new accounts within the company’s SLA’s
- Credit assessment using Credit reference agency reports and Companies house financial statements
- Review and authorise credit limits for new and existing customers
- Account reconciliations
- Ensure all targets are achieved in line with management directives/goals
- Work closely with Sales to close down disputes within a timely manner
- Make visits to customers/ sales offices as and when required
- 2+ years’ experience in a Commercial Credit control environment
- Knowledge of a recognised ERP accounting system is desirable
- Proven computer literacy with Microsoft Office and Excel software
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- The ability to analyse Financial Statements, including the Balance sheet and Profit and Loss desirable
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Sound decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible approach to multi-tasking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"