£19,000 - £20,000 (+ excellent benefits)
My client, a highly successful local business with suppliers and customers across the world, are seeking to appoint an experienced Credit Controller to join them on a permanent basis.
The company's continuing success has been based on the strong relationships that they have built by maintaining a reputation for professionalism, quality products and a tailor-made service, which has also had a direct impact on its employees by generating a dynamic, positive and enjoyable working environment.
Reporting into the Finance Manager and working as part of a small and friendly finance team, you will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the credit granted to customers of the company in support of the business whilst ensuring cash is collected promptly and efficiently.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up and maintaining customer account details.
- Obtaining credit reports and recommending credit limits and payment terms.
- Adhering to company credit policies.
- Chasing and collecting cash by letter and telephone to ensure payment within agreed terms.
- Reporting any over-due debts.
- Working with other areas of the business to promptly resolve queries.
- Providing cash flow forecasts for incoming collections from customers.
- Liaising with debt collection agencies as required.
- Providing reports and data to the Finance Manager for the month end reporting package.
- To check the banks every morning and periodically throughout the day and put all received payments onto the finance system.
- To enter cheques received and card payments onto the finance system.
- Keeping the cash flow up to date.
- Customer queries/account reconciliations by email and phone.
- Run the open order report and send to sales support to keep invoicing as up to date as possible.
In order to be considered for this post, you must have:
- Extensive experience of working in a similar post, ideally in a multi-currency environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A pro-active and diplomatic approach.
- The ability to work individually or effectively as part of a team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"