Freightserve recruitment are looking for a experienced Credit Controller for a well established Freight Forwarder based in the Chelmsford area.
MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Credit Controller will report to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the rest of the Finance team as well as the Global Management team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce weekly and monthly reports of aged debt with particular attention to DV debt
• Attend weekly meetings with the Credit Control team and Financial Controller to ensure the team remain focused and results driven
• Take ownership of own debtors ledger including Entertainment and Logistics
• Deal with queries, liaise with operations to achieve resolutions to outstanding issues
• Liaise with a number of key agents, negotiating payment timelines, agreeing contras
• Regularly report on own debt balances detailing action points and promised payments
• Ensure the top 10 debtors across the companies are monitored and cleared weekly
• Ensure that on hold accounts, prevention and credit exceed procedures are adhered to
• Take responsibility for Unallocated cash reports
• Resolve day to day credit control issues and problem accounts in a timely and efficient manner, understanding how and when to escalate these
• Monitor and manage the credit control inbox
• Deal with multi-currency accounts, run separate reports and forecast incoming currency cash receipts
• Keep up to date with ledger issues
• Credit check new customers, set limits and terms adhering to the approval processes
• Send out legal letters in a consistent manner throughout the team
• Regularly review and propose customer trading trends and put together proposals for increasing credit limits and terms
• Liaise with Purchase ledger with regards to contras
• Provide anticipated receipts analysis to assist in cash flow planning
As an agency we are fast becoming the number one Freight specialist in the UK. We have a fast growing reputation with most Freight related companies. Freightserve has been established since 1992 working within the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industry. Call now to avoid disappointment!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job