HSS Hire is a leader in the UK equipment hire & management sector, keeping the customer at the centre of what we do to ensure that we continue to grow and lead the market.
HSS Hire is currently looking for a Credit Controller to join their Finance Shared Service department based in their Head Office in Old Trafford, Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in working in a fast paced extremely environment and is looking for a long term career within a finance deparment.
The main purpose of the role of a Credit Controller is to collect outstanding debt from a range of hire customers that trade with HSS Hire. You will be allocated a region which you will be responsible to own and collect outstanding debt. You will also deal with any associated queries and disputes raised through this process alongside working towards targets and deadlines in order to maximise cash collections.
- Contact customers by telephone, letter etc. regarding the collection of debt in accordance with the company policies and procedures
- Record all action taken on an account utilising the Debt Management system, following up calls and actions as agreed with the customer
- Work towards targets for cash collection to reduce outstanding debt exposure to the group
- Reconciliation of accounts to ensure statements produced are accurate and cash/credit notes are posted to invoices as per the customers requirements. Work closely with cash allocations department
- Deal with financial queries and disputes relating to invoicing. This will involve speaking to HSS depots and working with depot staff in order to resolved queries in a timely manner
- Build strong relations with customers to ensure excellent customer service
- Ability to identify potential problem accounts, recommending accounts to be placed on stop or legal
- Represent the company and values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Ensure all locations are maintained to our 360? brand.
- Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front
You are flexible and hold a positive attitude to life and work, having the desire to develop your career and work hard to do so. Possessing some or all of the following characteristics is desirable:
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Experienced Credit Controller with proven track record of collecting outstanding debt and working towards targets
- IT Literate, able to utilise various systems
- Problem Solving Ability
- Excellent customer service & telephone manner
- Good negotiator/communicator
- Knowledge of Open accounts & AS400 based systems
- Experience dealing with a wide range of customers from blue chip organisations to partnerships and sole traders
- Numerate and in experience of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Displaying a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Excellent communication skills with both customers and colleagues
- Willingness to carry out additional tasks and duties to assist in the effective operation of the training department What we can offer you!
- On the job training with experienced colleagues
- Working in a large finance shared service environment
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) with an opportunity to buy an extra five
- flexible working hours if required
- A company pension scheme
- Health care cash back scheme
- Job Security
You will live within a comfortable commute of our Manchester Head Office in Old Trafford where you will be based.
Equality & Diversity
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity.
- Debt Management
- Cash Collection
- Open Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job