Credit Controller x2 - Bradford
About the Credit Controller Roles:
Joining us as a Credit Controller, you'll work directly for the Credit Control Manager and will be based within one of our Credit Control teams which deal with our larger 'Multiple' customers for Smiths News and B2B customers for our Martin Lavell business. The team also deal with Publisher invoices and PMP (Pass my Parcel) customers.
This role will hold responsibility for the timely collection of debt ensuring that it is collected according to the agreed payment terms. You will post and allocate payments to customer accounts and ensure that outstanding debt is escalated in a timely manner in line with our agreed policies.
You will also hold responsibility for:
- Dealing with customer queries promptly and with a high standard of customer service
- Processing payments and refused payments received promptly and accurately
- Ensuring issues with problem customers are escalated
- Obtain replacement payment for refused direct debits and cheques, in accordance with established credit control procedures
You'll be able to evidence:
- Previous experience in a customer contact role
- Previous Credit Control Experience
- Good communication skills including proven telephone skills
- PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Good self-management and time management skills
- Ability to use judgement effectively to investigate and resolve discrepancies and queries
- Ability to maintain good relationships with customers and internal contacts
- Ability to analyse data and act accordingly
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
- CICM qualification
- SAP system knowledge
- Previous Sales Ledger experience
This role is based within an office based environment consisting of a team of 7.
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.6bn, we employ 6,000 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
- Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Pass My Parcel. Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share; Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content; Pass My Parcel, a wholly-owned 'click and collect' delivery service, operated by the Smiths News business, has a network of over 3,000 parcel shops and clients which include Amazon and ASOS
- Mixed Freight - Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers
- Credit Control
- Customer Service