Job Description: Credit Controller
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (Dependant on experience)
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: North Leicestershire (Commutable from Coalville, Ashby, Swadlincote, Shepshed)
You will be working for a well known organisation based in North Leicestershire as a Credit Controller on a full time, permanent basis. You will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager and working within a fun, friendly, family feel environment. You will be welcomed into a fantastic business that gives excellent rewards and recognition to their team.
- Debt collecting – chasing 200 clients per month on average
- Take full & final responsibility for all company debt & meet KPI’s as agreed with the finance Manager
- Checking customers for their up to date credit limit on every order received
- Checking with have credit insurance cover on all customers
- Administration of daily outstanding debtors list. Reports up to twice weekly to management
- Entering banking and BACS payments
- Raising credit notes and obtaining sanction from Finance Manager or managing Director
- Chasing retentions using structured diary system, meet company targets
- Logging invoices onto working debtors spreadsheet
- Entering sales invoices onto sage
- Allocating payments
- Filing of remittances/invoices
- Checking & agreeing final account statements
- Resolving & sorting queries on invoices & projects to finalise payments.
- Paying in of cheques and cash at the bank
- Take card payments
- Maintaining the company credit limit system for all orders, liaise with the sales order processor and the sales manager
- Answer the phone to support admin assist in busy periods
Desirable Candidates to have the following:
- Attention to detail is paramount to ensure that all data entry is accurate
- Professional phone manner
- Some experience within a Credit Controller role is ideal
- Experience of Microsoft Office and Excel
Applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.
If you are a Credit Controller wanting to get a new opportunity, please send an up to date CV to Mav at or alternatively, please call my direct line on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job