Credit Controller- based in Lytham, £16,000 - £17,500 (based upon experience)
Do you have a thorough understanding of credit Controller procedures?
Do you want to work alongside a dedicated and successful team?
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the post-holder will be responsible for timely collection of monies due from customers to Tangerine Group companies and associated administration tasks. You will also be responsible for resolving any issues that come up with customers in regard to non-payment of debt. Liaising with Sales Managers on daily/weekly/monthly basis on sales information and outstanding debt to achieve optimum sales and cash positions.
Main Duties: -
- Following and adhering strictly to the Tangerine Credit Control SOP
- Informing the FM of any changes that might be required to the Credit Control SOP as and when appropriate.
- Following and adhering strictly to any other Tangerine Group SOPs that this role may have to use.
- Preparing customer statements on the first working day of the month and sending postal copies to customers
- Controlling the aged debtors report, ensuring that any customer that is seven or more days overdue is put on hold
- Making phone calls to overdue customers every three days until accounts are settled
- Sending letters when accounts remain unsettled in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Tangerine Credit Control SOP
- When necessary using Money Claims Online to chase outstanding balances
- Processing the daily receipts from the bank onto SAGE and allocating to the correct customer and invoice
- Communicating to sales team when customer accounts are on hold in order to resolve quickly
- Arranging monthly conference call with ASM and FM to discuss overdue customer accounts and issuing meeting notes thereafter
- Producing Aged Debt Reports for the FM, GFC and FD for review and monitoring.
- Sending debt reports to the SMs and DDs on a monthly basis
- Updating SAGE daily on the customers’ accounts the history of communications with that customer
- Allocating cash to customer accounts in SAGE in a timely manner
- Updating daily ON HOLD customers by putting new one on hold and removing customers off hold as appropriate
- Ensuring you filing and reports are tidy and easily accessible at all times.
- other general office administration duties as required by the FM, GFC or FD
It is the role of the Credit Controller to update SAGE with any new supplier that the Group may get. This is so proper segregation of duties is in force and sign off controls are adhered to. Employees who raise POs and process supplier invoices do not have access to add any new suppliers onto the SAGE system
The Credit Controller MUST
- Following the Tangerine Group New Supplier SOP
- Ensure that the forms to add a new supplier are filled out completely and signed off as appropriate before adding onto SAGE.
- File all new supplier forms for completeness and ease of review
- Previous working experience within a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.
- General Office Administration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job