Our client is an established and successful company based in Durham. They are currently looking for a Credit Controller to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis. If you are interested and meet the person specification of the job role, please apply below.
- Credit account applications - all information is completed .
- Where necessary contact for additional information
- Check and monitor on systems .
- Advise sales teams/customer account approved/declined.
- Open new accounts on system or amend existing accounts.
- Answer telephone call queries from customers/ sales teams
- Taking accounts off stop
- Authorise payment - emailing sales teams to check discrepancies,
- Banking - logging online to download days banking twice daily
- Contact customers where no remittance advice is received
- Calls to customers where invoices due have not been included with payment, forwarding copies where necessary
- Run Debtors aged reports for all ledgers
- Contact customers to confirm payment dates verbally/email
- Issue statements twice monthly
- Email 1st & 2nd overdue emails
- NOI via post
- Accounts overdue/over credit limit put on stop
- Follow calls of payments not received previously advised
- Issuing Thos Higgins letters
- Advising Thos Higgins when payments received
- Printing invoices where customers do not accept email copies and posting.
- Update reports of any changes amending to pro forma where necessary
- Raising commercial invoices
- Drawing up m/e reports prior to month end meeting with Finance manager.
- Advising of any concerns or potential bad debt
- Experienced in credit control or extensive experience with debt management
- Able to provide accurate reporting to Director level.
- Experience of working with Excel.
- Polite, polished and professional communicator.
- Experience of working with high volume accounts.
- Excellent problem solver - able to identify risks and trends in customer payments.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job