This role is within a well established group and is very good opportunity for someone as the company is undergoing change for the better!
This is a full time, permanent position 9-5.30pm- free off street parking,25 days + 8 days Bank Holiday.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Understand the terms and conditions of the receivable balances
• Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
• Post and allocate daily cash receipts on accounting systems / cash book
• Maintain accurate and up to date customer details and account records
• Ledger and bank reconciliations; investigate misallocated payments
• Regularly contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary, obtain invoice receipt confirmation and definitive payment dates (P2Ps)
• Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
• Deal with queries on customer payments and respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
• Liaise with Operational Managers & Finance colleagues to resolve queries.
• Identify changes in payment patterns and other risk indicators and propose action to avert bad debt.
• Anticipates developments, and identify accounts that will require special attention and / or key accounts.
• Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
• Chase overdue and coming due invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales and following the Debt process protocol
• Provide regular Debt reporting as agreed with management
• Undertake complex reconciliations and compile documentation for legal action as required and according to the company guidelines and policy
• Prepare weekly cash receipt projection for the business
• Provide holiday / sickness cover as necessary.
• Participate and support continuous improvement initiatives and to undertake one-off project work and general office duties within their capabilities as delegated, from time to time, by the FM / FD.
Methodical, thorough and logical
Good organisational skills
Attention to detail
Ability to communicate well (verbal and written) across all levels
Capable of multi-tasking
Ability to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations whilst maintaining a business relationship and high level of professionalism
Willing to bring concerns to corporate attention via prescribed channels
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job