The successful candidate will be expected to manage exceptional post sale client service for a portfolio of sale(s): to oversee and to provide ownership for all post sale activities from the auction through to payment and shipping or collection on behalf of all internal and external clients.
You will be the main point of contact for internal and external clients for a portfolio of sales in respect of Post Sale Client Management and owning all escalated issues.
Duties will include:
• Reviewing bids pre-sale (room, absentee, telephone, Bidnow) to ensure that appropriate financial references are obtained, plus managing any ‘No Bid’ clients
• Overseeing the issuing of all post-sale related client output, e.g. invoices, shipping quotes, statements, terms letters etc.
• Proactively “closing” a sale financially and logistically: collecting and managing all outstanding client debt – auction purchases, unsold lot charges, interest, shipping, storage, and resolving all inventory issues (including BI’s and sale inventory)
• Skilful dispute resolution, collaborating with technical experts, e.g. Credit, Shipping, Legal, Compliance etc. and taking ownership of all escalated issues in respect of post-sale service
• Run/attend pre and post-sale meetings with expert departments, providing direction on post-sale activity for buyers and sellers
• Systematic billing of the auction, managing the generation of sale output and performing hammer reconciliations to ensure an auction’s completeness for every participating client
• Handling post auction, private and cancelled sales, and house property
• Liaising with Treasury personnel to assist in cash management as appropriate
• Previous credit control experience gained in a professional/financial services field or experience as a paralegal
• A client service minded person who can demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
• A flexible and forward thinker who will take ownership of situations and processes and manage them to a conclusion
• A second language is desirable, particularly German or Chinese
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job