Wex Photo Video is the UK’s leading online retailer of photography equipment with a customer base ranging from photography enthusiasts to professionals and business users. Through its web site, Wex delivers its customers a market-leading product offering, extending to some 16,000 products, providing the photo and video enthusiast with a comprehensive choice across all product categories. The business has been successful in achieving year-on-year growth over successive years through the maintaining excellent customer service and by continuously looking for new and innovative services for people involved in all areas of photography. It has long-standing relationships with all the leading photo equipment suppliers, including Canon, Nikon, Profoto, Panasonic, Sony, Sigma and many more.
Working with the management accounts team and financial controller, this role is ideal for a candidate who is able to work independently, has excellent organisational and communication skills. The role also requires someone who possesses the ability to build good working relationships with people within the business and with external customers. This is necessary to ensure that payments are received by the time they fall due and to promote the timely resolution of disputes that delay payments. Although experience in a similar role is beneficial, training and support ll provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collection of corporate debt to agreed terms and reporting problems as they occur;
- Facilitating timely resolution of corporate invoice queries by liaising with the relevant people or departments in the business and at the customer;
- Maintaining a full, accurate record of who was contacted when, what action was agreed and follow-up as necessary;
- Sending out of invoices on a daily basis;
- Production and distribution of monthly statements of account to customers;
- Production and distribution of payment reminder letters on a weekly basis;
- Posting and allocation of cash receipts to the sales ledger;
- Ensuring credit account applications are properly completed and authorised;
- Applying effective controls to minimise the risk of debt being written off including performance of credit checks were necessary;
- Preparing cheques received for banking;
- Preparation and circulation of a weekly aged debtor summary report;
- Monthly reconciliation and agreement of intercompany sales ledger balances; and
- Other tasks required to support the finance team as and when required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships within the business and with customers;
- Good standard of written and spoken English;
- Good communicator at all levels within the organisation;
- Ability to work independently and prioritise work; and
- Methodical and accurate approach to work.
Skills and experience:
- Competent using Microsoft Excel functions and formulas to manage data and perform reconciliations;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word;
- Experience in a similar role or working in a finance team is desirable but not essential;
- Experience of invoicing insurance clients is also advantageous;
- Excellent organisational skills.
Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Credit Control
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job