Reporting to: Credit Manager
Location: Head office, London NW107ST
Hours: 41.25 hours per week. Monday-Friday
Salary: Circa £25,000 per annum
Established in 1978, The Amathus Drinks Group is a fast growing, family owned drinks importer, distributor and specialist retailer with a £60m turnover. Our direct to trade serviced distribution area covers most parts of England and Wales with centres in London, Bristol and Coventry.
In addition to supplying a comprehensive range of global brands, Amathus prides itself on its portfolio of exclusive agencies with provenance and distinction that are best in class, often unique and sourced from all corners of the world. Supported with our own modern delivery fleet and our resourceful business development specialists as part of our two hundred plus, strong team, our mission is to provide first class products and services to our customers.
Working in a Credit Team of 3, 1 Manager and 2 Controllers, to manage a defined portfolio of customer accounts, to minimise Financial Risk and maximise Customer Collections. Liaising with and supporting the Sales Team to grow sales profitably and deliver excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Creating new Accounts incl. credit checking, trade references etc.
- Posting and Allocating customer cash promptly and accurately
- Managing Financial Risk through regular review of customer Credit Limits
- Reviewing Daily Orders, following company procedures on whether to Release, Release & Chase or Hold pending payment.
- Collecting cash promptly & pro-actively, being both Overdue Cash and Cash Due within the financial period.
- Work towards Cash & Debt targets (KPI’s) and deadlines in order to maximise cash collections & minimise overdue debt.
- Managing the daily & weekly Direct Debit process on a rota basis.
- Dealing with any associated customer queries and disputes raised through this process.
- Sending statements pdf & Excel, reminder letters & copy documents to customers.
- Supporting Sales informing them in advance of Accounts & Orders on HOLD.
- Escalate all accounts deemed a Risk to Credit Manager
- Managing Credit Inbox on a rota basis responding promptly to requests and filing as appropriate.
- Contribute to an on-going review of all credit control procedures, identifying, developing and communicating improvements.
- Creating, generating and maintaining Debt & Cash reports.
- Supporting the Finance Team together with Ad-hoc requests as directed by the Credit Manager.
Experienced results driven Credit Controller with proven track record of dealing with customers, collecting outstanding debt & building excellent relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong commercial aptitude with good influencing and negotiation skills, both with customers and within an organisation.
- Prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and strong team player.
- Proven ability to use initiative and solve problems.
- IT Literate, experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAVISION an advantage.
- Excel to Intermediate Level with Vlookup
- ICM qualification an advantage
- Must reside within a 10 mile radius.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
We will ask you to provide proof to work in the UK together with evidence of your highest stated qualifications on your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job