Staff Call are looking to recruit a credit control assistant to work in a full time temporary position.
Your job purpose/responsibilities will include:
- Maintain activity to reduce the levels of outstanding debt and increase the cash flow position.
- Assist the Credit Control Officers in achieving annual targets for Credit Control in accordance with corporate procedures.
- To proactively maintain regular and effective communication with debtors in line with the Debt Recovery Procedures and to establish reasons for Non Payment.
- To negotiate time to pay agreements with debtors and ensure completion of relevant documentation to collect the debt via instalments
- To effectively deal with customer queries and ensure debtors are given the correct departmental contact to resolve disputes in a timely manner. To liaise with service departments where debtors dispute the charges made.
- To maintain accurate records of debt recovery action and contact information to ensure follow up action and successful collection of the outstanding debt.
- To collate documentation/evidence for cases recommended for write-off or referral to Credit Control Officers or Legal services for proceedings.
- To assist the Visiting Officer on visits to customers and/or representatives, often in difficult and/or contentious circumstances, with a view to collecting outstanding debt.
- To actively promote payment via credit/debit card and collect monies via phone wherever possible.
- To support the wider delivery of improvements and benefits provided but the Oracle platform.
Essential qualifications/skills needed for this role:
- 5 GCSE's (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to manage workloads and priorities to meet specified deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Able to communicate at all levels, both verbally and in writing to ensure that instructions, queries and requirements are clearly understood.
- Able to interpret and understand complex regulations and legislation and to impact such information to others in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to handle difficult situations when dealing with members of the public, and to provide a diplomatic response in such situations to ensure distress is minimised.
- A team player who is able to develop effective relationships with the team and work alone with9out supervision.
- Able to embrace new technology & new ways of working.
- Strong numerical and strong written skills.
This position is initially on a temporary basis for 5 months (position could be reviewed towards the end of the contract)
£10.27 per hour
Previous credit control experience required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job