A leading retail company with an extensive client base is seeking a credit controller to join their finance team.
Duties will include:
- Collection of corporate debt to agreed terms and reporting problems as they occur;
- Facilitating timely resolution of corporate invoice queries by liaising with the relevant people or departments in the business and at the customer;
- Maintaining a full, accurate record of who was contacted when, what action was agreed and follow-up as necessary;
- Sending out of invoices on a daily basis;
- Production and distribution of monthly statements of account to customers;
- Production and distribution of payment reminder letters on a weekly basis;
- Posting and allocation of cash receipts to the sales ledger;
- Ensuring credit account applications are properly completed and authorised;
- Applying effective controls to minimise the risk of debt being written off including performance of credit checks were necessary;
- Preparing cheques received for banking;
- Preparation and circulation of a weekly aged debtor summary report;
- Monthly reconciliation and agreement of intercompany sales ledger balances; and
- Other tasks required to support the finance team as and when required.
The suitable applicant will have:
- Good standard of written and spoken English;
- Ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships within the business and with customers;
- Good communicator at all levels within the organisation;
- Ability to work independently and prioritise work; and
- Methodical and accurate approach to work.
Skills and experience:
- Competent using Microsoft Excel functions and formulas to manage data and perform reconciliations;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word;
- Experience in a similar role or working in a finance team is desirable but not essential;
- Experience of invoicing insurance clients is also advantageous;
- Excellent organisational skills.
This is a permanent, full time position based North of Norwich with free parking