Top 10 Accountancy Practice, Credit Controller to join the internal finance department, London up to £34000
Your new company
A top 10 Accountancy Practice, which provides professional services to a wide range of clients throughout the United Kingdom and the globe. Their clients range from individuals and entrepreneurs to large organisations and complex international business. Their success stems from their industry focused approach, enabling them to provide an innovative and personal service to their clients. Their corporate clients include multi-national groups and companies operating in the shipping, property investment, energy and technology sectors. Due to growth within the team they are seeking an additional credit controller to join the finance department.
The principal objective of the Finance team is to act as an effective business partner to the practice supporting all aspects of its financial operations, strategy and governance framework, with a focus on operational excellence and the effective management of client relationships. The Credit Control team are responsible for the management of cash inflows to support the firms strategy and reduce lockup.
Your new role
The Credit Controller acts as a key point of contact between the firms clients and those providing professional services within the firm and is responsible for ensuring the timely collection of client debts through the application of billing best practice via the firms practice management systems, and the effective liaison with both clients and all service providers to resolve all issues surrounding late settlement of debts.
The requirements of the role are as follows:-
- To monitor individual portfolio in respect of debtor balance; identification of clients with overdue balances and effect recovery through liaison with the client and service providers as required.
- To undertake monthly meetings with client liaison partners to discuss their debt portfolios and make recommendations as to the improvement of cash collections as appropriate.
- To refer older debts to the firms debt recovery solicitors and to monitor and liaise with solicitors through the legal recovery process.
- To meet with the Team Leader on a regular basis to provide updates on key issues with portfolio.
- Assist in the process of monthly statement and chasing letter runs.
- To identify and resolve any credit balances held on account in a timely manner
- Be aware of and comply with the firm's policies at all times
- Record time accurately using the Practice Management System
- Maintain filing records that contain copies of all bills and credit note
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Be aware of the firm's risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance
- Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times
What you'll need to succeed
- An excellent verbal and written communicator who is able to develop effective working relationships at all levels
- Previous credit control experience (within a professional firm advantageous)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good Microsoft Office computer skills
- Highly confident and assertive
- Able to work autonomously and cope with pressure while maintaining accuracy and focus with work
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills, and use own initiative to suggest solutions
- Strong organisational and time management skills
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive base salary and benefits package and the chance to join a market leading top 10 practice accounting firm in its central London base.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.