Our Client, who are a fantastic employer based in Bartley Green, Birmingham are looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their busy team.
This is a standalone credit control position, so the successful candidate must be self-motivated with a proactive approach.
Starting salary of £20,000- £22,500 will be offered depending on experience for the Credit Controller position.
The successful Credit Controller will be required to:-
- Post cash on ledger.
- Assess credit limits for both new and existing customers.
- Produce reports to identify customers who are not adhering to credit terms, customers requiring extensions and accounts on hold.
- Control and maintain customer accounts in line with agreed credit terms.
- Liaise with sales team in order to identify and rectify issues with customer payments.
- Process payments.
- Process credit notes.
- Assist Finance Manager to identify both potential and actual bad debts.
- Proactively make calls to chase outstanding debt.
- Produce monthly Customer Statement of Accounts.
- Liaise with Solicitors regarding collection of overdue debts.
- Produce an End of Month Aged Debtors Report on the first trading morning of each month in Sterling and US Dollar currencies.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Previous experience as a Credit controller.
- Proactive and self-motivated nature.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good problem solving ability.
- An ability to build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- An ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong IT skills.
- Assertive and persuasive nature.
- Experience of credit control in a £20 million + turnover business.
- Organised nature.
Benefits to include:-
- Competitive salary of £20,000 -£22,500 depending on experience.
- Company pension scheme- employee contribution 4% employer contribution 6%.
- Excellent friendly working environment.
- Life assurance- 3 times salary.
- Free lunch on site.
- Free parking.
- Private medical insurance.
- Working hours: 8.30am-5pm Monday to Thursday. 8.30am-4pm on Fridays. (37 hour week).
- 23 days holiday rising to 24 days after 12 months service.
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Credit Control
- Credit Risk
- Customer Accounts
- Problem Solving