The Credit Controller is responsible for chasing outstanding invoices to the company and plays a vital role within the finance department. This is a proactive role seeking to improve and maintain/achieve optimum debtor days, ensure efficiency and effectiveness of cash allocation and collection procedures.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances and information supplied by Settlement Team across 5 company entities.
- Chasing debt by telephone and email while building a strong business relationship with our customers.
- Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements to strict deadlines.
- Liaising with the sales and accounts receivable teams to resolve outstanding queries relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Review aged receivables reports and provide bad debt provision monthly.
- Produce and maintain weekly and monthly credit control reports.
- Working with in-house Legal Department or Solicitors preparing accounts for legal action.
- Ensuring adherence to the relevant Finance policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the Sales Ledger Team providing absence and holiday cover as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to a minimum GCSE standard.
- Experience of working within a credit control department.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good IT skills, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and use their own initiative
- A polite but tenacious telephone manner and good systems knowledge.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Work well within a team
- Good problem solving skills
- This position would suit an individual who is driven by results and is target driven.
- Knowledge of Sage or another computerised accounting system.
- General accounts processing knowledge would be advantageous.
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
- A well organised individual with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical approach with an ability to recognise and investigate issues, and to implement changes.
- Approachable with highly effective communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with both financial and non-financial employees.
- Ability to work under pressure and to regular deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the resilience necessary to flourish in a dynamic, constantly-evolving environment.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Microsoft Excel
- Sales Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job