Since 1978 our client has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, they have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: Credit Controller
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday
Salary: £22,500 per annum dependant on skills and experience
Benefits: Health Care Cash Plan, auto enrolled into Core Pension available, Group Life Assurance, Flexible Benefits, Buy / Sell Holiday Options, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health care upgrades available, Free Parking.
About the role:
As the Credit Controller you will ensure prompt collection of outstanding monies on the Sales Ledger and escalate promptly all matters which may delay settlement of payment.
- Responsibility for own set of Sales Ledger accounts.
- Collection of debtors by telephone, email, letter and fax.
- Handling of customer queries, liaising with internal departments and customers.
- Responsibility for determining and controlling suitable credit limits.
- Responsibility for negotiating settlement of overdue monies, and agreeing release of held orders.
- Liaising with Sales in providing commercially acceptable solutions when granting credit to their customers.
- Assessing and raising of new credit accounts.
- Processing of pro forma credit card payments.
- Be accountable for personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with their core competencies and learning and development framework Takes on additional tasks in order to meet departmental, project related or developmental objectives.
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures.
- Significant Credit Control experience is required for this role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge and experience of recovering payment from a variety of businesses would be advantageous
- Good standard of education, GCSE English and Maths particularly A-C grades (or equivalent)
You may have experience of the following: Credit Administrator, Credit Control Administrator, Credit Control Officer, Accounts Receivable Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Financial Services, Credit Controller, Accounts Assistant, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job