Haig&Co are delighted to be working with a world-leading supplies business who are looking to appoint an experienced and motivated Credit Controller as part of their finance team, based in north Birmingham.
As Credit Controller you will be reporting directly into the FInancial Controller and have sole responsibility for overseeing and chasing outstanding invoices for business services, playing a vital role in the cash-flow.
- Reporting to and working directly with the Financial Controller
- Taking full responsibility for the management of outstanding debt on a portfolio of client sales ledger accounts and ensuring that payments are up to date and outstanding debt is kept to a minimum
- Initiating credit checks and collating information to support the setting of existing and new client credit limits
- Working to KPIs and collection targets
- Liaising with Clients to ensure timely and effective collection of outstanding debts and allocation of payments
- Liaising internally and externally with relevant parties to efficiently resolve any queries on client accounts
- Provision of updates to Financial Controller and wider management team highlighting any issues and progress in relation to debtor accounts
- Foster an environment of co-operation between credit control and finance management, contributing to change as needed
- Work collaboratively to achieve results and process improvement
- Identify and recommend process improvements related to own work
- Proven track record as a Credit Controller in a fast paced credit control environment and able 'hit the ground running'
- Confident communicator with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Customer focused with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly driven to reduce debt and improve internal processes and efficiencies
- Strong computer literacy, including MS Excel
- Motivated and focused on achieving excellent results
This is a truly amazing opportunity for an individual who has a passion for Credit Control and thrives in a fast paced, exciting and vibrant environment, all with a very attractive salary attached!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job