M - T 8.45am - 5pm, F 9 - 4
Our client, an international wholesale business based in Newark, is looking for a Credit Controller to join their busy finance team.
Key duties will include:
- Liaising with sales, customer service and marketing departments to ensure credit issues are resolved efficiently
- Setting up and maintaining customer accounts, including checking and setting credit limits
- Checking orders prior to acceptance, to ensure customers will be in a position to pay, obtaining advance payment where required
- Ensure customers make timely payments, chasing invoices by telephone, email and letter
- Taking credit card payments
- Negotiating repayment plans if needed
- Placing customer account on stop and taking action when required
- Produce and review monthly statements
- Build relationships with customers
- Identify and deal with potential bad debts, including notice letters, issuing court papers and referral to debt collection agencies
- Deal with both Euro and Sterling accounts
- Credit control experience of large and varied debtor book
- Experience in dealing with difficult customers
- Articulate and confident with good negotiating skills
- Able to work on own initiative in choosing correct approach with customers
- Able to work on own initiative and to deadline
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please send your updated CV to Travail Newark.
Travail are operating as an Employment Agency in this instance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job