Our client in Cardiff is seeking a Credit Controller to join them on a temporary basis for around 2 - 3 Months on a temporary basis. Te rate of pay is around £13 - £15 an hour mark.
Purpose of the role
The Credit Controller is responsible for adhering to the company credit policy and undertaking credit control processes directly with customers that will maximise the timing of cash collection whilst minimising exposure to bad debt. The role will also seek to implement operational excellence in the `Order to Cash` process through well defined best practice and market leading standards.
The successful performance of this role will help improve profit and cash through the effective collection of monies outstanding and the application of best practice in the Accounts Receivables space.
- To collect monies due on outstanding invoices;
- Maximise cash collection
- To identify queries and barriers to payment a
- To provide regular reports on `problem accounts`;
- To ensure that all new customers are credit checked in line with the Credit Policy;
- To set appropriate credit limits/ payment terms/ guarantees/ Letters Of Credit required to limit the risk of non-payment;
- To quickly escalate problems and exceptions to the relevant individuals;
- To make timely recommendations in conjunction with the Credit Manager regarding high risk accounts and progress to possible legal proceedings for non payment as necessary;
- Monitor and be accountable for the arrears performance of assigned debt;
- Achieve cash collection targets whilst optimising collection costs;
- Performing customer account and statement reconciliations;
- Provide training and support to the business on all Accounts Receivables related processing i.e. invoicing, application of VAT, billing systems;
- Hold monthly debt review meetings with the local finance/sales teams and organise conference calls with various foreign offices to highlight and resolve `problem accounts`;
- Ad hoc work as required by the Global Head of Credit Control or the Credit Manager.
- Credit Control
- Sales Ledger