• To take an active role in reducing Debt, improve Cash flow and offer an exemplary level of customer service.
• Owning, professionally handling and successfully closing all customer service enquiries and escalating to the Senior Credit Controller where required.
• Overseeing the timely collection of service charges and associated credit control with appropriate support from the finance & legal teams where necessary.
• Maintaining effective contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment, which will result in the timely collection of payments & debts.
• Proactively resolving queries both internally and externally with regard to outstanding invoices and applications.
• Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments.
• Processing Applications for payment and monitoring future payments.
• Providing the required supporting information for Credit Referrals.
• Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all cases and ensuring all written processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• To contribute as an individual within a structured finance team and be able to manage priorities and deliver team objectives.
• Proven experience working within a Credit Control function is imperative to this role
• Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
• Prior experience of maintaining a Debtors List.
• Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Prior experience using Navision would be advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal skills including goal orientated, action focused, pragmatic, and disciplined
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to individuals, adapting communication style, amount and format based upon the level of seniority and/or understanding of the audience
• Possess strong communication and influencing skills both written and spoken. An ability to communicate at all levels
• A self-starter with a proactive approach and the ability to show initiative and work without supervision and direction
• Flexibility and adaptable, with the skills to carry out a range of software tasks are required
• Ability to motivate both direct team members and individuals within other departments as necessary to deliver objectives within agreed timescales
• Ability to deal with difficult and demanding stakeholders and maintain a calm and positive attitude when working under pressure
• An excellent team player who is flexible and have empathy with team members whilst maintaining the focus necessary to achieve the required objectives
• Able to be a credible representative of the company with the in-depth knowledge of business processes
Experience & Qualifications
• Typically we would estimate that it would take a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Credit Control function (or similar) to acquire the skills required for this role
• Previous experience and a good knowledge of the postal industry and its regulatory environment would be advantageous though not essential
• Educated to A level (or equivalent) is essential to this role
• ICM Qualification or working towards it is desirable
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job