- Job ID#: 1522
- Brand: Smiths News
- Job Category: Accounting
- Position Type: Full - Time - Permanent
- Location: Bradford, UK
- Working Pattern: Office hours
- Salary: £15k to £19k + benefits
Connect Group PLC is one of the UK's largest specialist distributors operating in large and diverse markets. The Group has three separate divisions, connecting suppliers to customers in an efficient, knowledgeable and service oriented way.Role Description
Credit Controller- Cleckheaton, Bradford
About the Credit Controller Role:
As our Credit Controller, you'll join our friendly, diverse team at the Company's Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) near Bradford.
The FSSC acts as a central financial processing centre for Smiths News and Tuffnells and is responsible for accounts payable and receivable.
You'll work as part of a team responsible for the collection of outstanding debt from our customers, some of which are based overseas. Also in this interesting and challenging role you will:
- Ensuring late payments are chased promptly, in accordance with established credit control procedures
- Obtaining replacement payment for refused direct debits and cheques, processing payments in an accurate and prompt manner
- Maintaining debtor levels and taking all necessary steps to minimise debt
- Dealing with customer queries promptly, identifying and escalating customer issues and non-compliance in a timely manner
- Contributing towards achieving excellent customer service and telephone standards
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive salary, flexi time, on-site parking and canteen facilities.
With a past performance of career progression in a credit control environment, you'll be able to evidence:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which will enable you to liaise effectively with both customers and warehouses, collecting payments in a timely manner, whilst building and maintaining good customer relationships
- Excellent telephone manner and a good understanding of customer service standards
- The ability to analyse and interpret data in order to identify and resolve issues and queries
- Confidence in your approach with customers, and have the ability to influence others and make business decisions in line with company procedures
- Ability to prioritise your work to ensure that tight department and personal deadlines are met
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and knowledge of SAP is desirable
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.9bn, we employ 6,700 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
- Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Pass My Parcel. Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share; Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content; Pass My Parcel, a wholly-owned 'click and collect' delivery service, operated by the Smiths News business, has a network of over 3,000 parcel shops and clients which include Amazon and ASOS
- Mixed Freight - Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job