Retail, Wholesale. Lancaster. Permanent. Full-Time. Accountancy. Finance. Retail. Credit Controller.
Our Client is a well established manufacturing and retail company based in the Lancaster area. Established for nearly 150 years!.
Role Purpose - Credit Controller
To promote active credit control for the businesses, working with sales departments to maximise sale possibilities whilst maintaining company credit policy and protecting company assets. Position will be based in Bentham, North Yorkshire, but may require visits to other sites in the UK where the sales and project teams are based.
Run credit checks on new customers, assess credit risk and keep records to backup the credit limits offered over time to customers.
- Maintain communication with sales teams to ensure that any credit issues are identified early in the sales process.
- Liaise with project teams to identify any projects which may cause collection problems prior to contacting the customer.
- Liaise with the shipping team to ensure early identification/resolution of credit issues for goods nearing completion in production, so that shipping can plan ahead.
- Send out statements for all the Accounts Receivable accounts in each month.
- Provide projections for cash receipts.
- Provide management with an analysis of overdue debts and actions taken to secure the recovery.
- Control the intercompany confirmations from partners and set up the intercompany agreed amounts for the intercompany receivables each month end in accordance with the month end reporting timetable.
- Maintain contact with customers and intercompany partners to ensure queries /issues are dealt with immediately to prevent delays in the receipt of payments.
- Chase all customers to ensure the AR ledger stays current (goal to have nothing older than 1 month overdue).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience - The succesful Credit Conttroller
- Previous experience of working within a Credit Control role
- Numerate and literate
- Keyboard skills
- Minimum excel skills - ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, operate multi tab files, create formulas, use sort, filter, subtotal functions
- Greater knowledge of basic accountancy/bookkeeping and the links between AR & GL
- Further excel skills (pivot tables, lookup & what if functions)
Self-starter, with desire to work with cross functional teams to develop and promote good credit control practices
- Initiative taker/problem solver
- Whilst this is a stand-alone job, the need to be able to work as part of the overall Finance team is essential
- Willingness for flexibility in terms of task and where necessary working hours to achieve the overall goals of the wider finance department
- Active promotion of good EH&S & Quality practices
- IMMEDIATE START
- EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS
- FREE PARKING
- ABOVE THE MARKET AVERAGE REMUNERATION - UP TO £25,000 PER ANNUM
- BENEFITS PACKAGE
- INTERESTING AND VARIED ROLE
- Credit Controller
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job