Nigel Wright is proud to be supporting a reputable business based in Billingham in their search for an Credit Controller/Purchase Ledger Clerk. The key responsibilities of the role are to support the Financial Controller in the finance function. To provide an efficient Credit Control & Purchase function to the finance department Accurate reporting and inputs into all systems. To carry out the role in a confidential manner.
- Management of Debtor accounts
- Ensuring timely payments are received
- Processing incoming funds
- Reconciling invoices
- Liaising via telephone with suppliers
- Liaising with debt collection agency as and when necessary
- Reporting credit control status weekly to the Senior Management Team
- Coding invoices to correct nominal codes
- Accurate posting of supplier invoices on sage 50
- Petty cash top up and reconciliation for multiple sites and head office
- Credit card posting and reconciliation for senior managers
- Reconcile supplier statements resolving any queries
- Check/query expense payments and process for senior management
- Log all purchase orders and provide guidance for users of process/systems
- Deal with supplier queries and build relationships and to gain best terms
- Maintain purchase ledger client records, ensuring all creditor details including address, payment terms are accurate and up to date
- Weekly forecasting for payment runs, providing finance director information to help with cash flow
- Production of payment runs for authorisation and process payment setup on the bank
- Production and distribution of remittances for all payments
- Administer credit card receipts including all checks before posting to sage
- Administration support for head office function Provide support to sites ref cost reductions etc
- Active member of the phone answering team to ensure customer queries are dealt with effectively.
- Distribution of post and logging of external post
- Use of Power Bi for ad-hoc reporting and to support sales function as required – training given
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Any other reasonable requests by the management team that fall within your capabilities & skills
- Experience in Accounts / Finance Function
- AAT Accounting (Level 2 or above) • Sage 50
- Microsoft office – must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Computer literate and ability to use inhouse software (training given)
- Experience in credit control
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on companies who owe money
- Ability to work in a team
- The ability to prioritise, adapt and use own initiative in a busy working environment
- Excellent communication, administration & organisation skills
- Good level of written and oral communication – spelling, grammar and accuracy of the written word
- Good telephone manner
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'