Purpose of the Role:
Collect premium from brokers to ensure the delivery of agreed targets across the network and control the aged debt position through strong relationship management.
- Where required, produce and issue monthly broker statements.
- Reduce any legacy overdue debt to agreed targets.
- Monitor the aged debt position within agreed targets for assigned brokers and the associated credit control activity.
- Operate as a credit control team to provide support and assistance to other areas when required.
- Resolve broker accounts queries according to agreed SLA’s, liaising (face to face, by phone and email) with the underwriting regional offices and escalating unresolved items where necessary.
- Manage relationships with assigned brokers and Underwriters.
- Work within Towergate’s prescribed Control Framework.
- Work to agreed Service Levels (SLAs) and quality standards.
- Management of the cancellation process between brokers and Underwriting.
- Analyse data and communicate any trends to the Regional Management Team.
- Measure and monitor own performance against agreed objectives.
Key Role Accountabilities:
Business Expertise/ technical knowledge:
- Understanding of the Underwriting Credit Control process and policy
- Understanding of the Policy Administration Systems (PAS), simple cash allocation, write-offs and refunds.
- Understanding of query management, the automated statement and cancellation letter sending process and the updating of contact information.
- Analysis of Management Information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to build strong relationships and build trust both internally and externally.
- Ability to meet expected Service Standards levels.
- Ability to analyse data and spot trends.
- Professional and results driven.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Able to present information in a concise efficient and professional manner.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and find solutions.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Build key relationships with internal & external customers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education - Minimum 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above
- Specialised Knowledge - Understanding of Credit Control Processes, Policy Administration Systems.
- Skills - Proficient in Windows based applications, in particular Excel.
- Professional Certification - N/A
- Experience - Previous credit control experience in an insurance broking /Underwriting environment preferred.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job