Based in Hassocks
£20,000 - £24,000 per annum
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an exciting job opportunity for a Credit Controller to join a growing SME company in the Burgess Hill area on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, your duties will include the following:
- Printing an aged debtors report weekly and contacting customers for payment of overdue invoices via phone, emails and letters, keeping the 120, 90, 60 day columns to an absolute minimum
- Checking and preparing month-end statements
- Checking and preparing standard reminder letters
- Daily invoicing
- Taking card payments over the phone
- Processing new customer account applications
- Dealing with customer telephone and email enquiries
- Dealing with internal staff enquiries relating to customer accounts, with requests directly from the Managing Director to be dealt with promptly
- Liaising with relevant departments to resolve invoice queries in a timely manner
- Raising credit notes
- Ensuring Senior Management are kept informed of any problem accounts
- Referring cases to the bank debt collection service to pursue the collection of debt on the companies behalf
- Ensuring key customer accounts are always up to date with any queries being dealt with swiftly
- Dealing with new customer account applications
- Requesting higher credit limits for customers through our bank Holiday cover posting customer receipts and carrying out bank account reconciliations
Key Skills required for this position are:
- Be an experienced and efficient credit controller
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Good computer skills to include Excel
- Strong numerical and literacy skills
- The ability to handle pressure
- Be able to multi-task Have a friendly and open attitude
- Exposure to Sage 200 is advantageous
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.
- Credit Control
- Debt Management
- Sales Ledger