Exceptional opening for a German speaker to join the EMEA subsidiary of a Global US Corporation in the role of Credit Controller. There will be professional skills development, ownership of the role, interaction with international blue chip customers, high value business, and an opportunity to make your mark with potential for career progression.
Fully supported, but without micro-management, you will handle the accounts receivables of high-value business from customers in EMEA (UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Middle East and Africa). There are several company brands and several sales ledgers to manage.
Your interaction with customers and colleagues will be at a high level. Customer accounts are 'blue-chip' and 'highvalue', so the priority will be to deliver a professional, collaborative credit control function which maintains the positive relationship. You will be an important part of the accounts receivable team of 4 people will report to the EMEA finance manager.
- To control multiple ledgers of EMEA businesses
- Handling billing and payment issues
- Reduce and maintain the 90+ aged debt in line with group expectations
- Improve and maintain the overall DSO
- Maximise cash collection and minimise bad debt
Internal Relationships: Sales, Customer Managers, Contract Managers, Revenue Directors, Billing Team, Finance
External Relationships: Clients at FD level / HR Director Level / Heads of Leaning and Development / Financial Shared Service Centre Managers, Accounts Payable Specialists, outsourced service providers
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Fluent in German and English, verbal and written
- Several years’ experience of credit control with a focus on cash collections
- Business to Business experience including a corporate / blue chip customer base
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Knowledge of accounts receivable administration - cash posting, cash allocation, invoicing, bank reconciliation
- Multiple currency billings, collections & banking
- Credit control of UK, German and foreign collections including the Middle East & Africa international customers
- Collecting from multinational businesses
- Some exposure to corporate Purchase-to-Pay (PTP) processes / finance shared service centres
- W9’s, Tax Residency Certificates, Withholding Tax (advantageous)
- Strong MS Office skills, advanced skills with Excel
- Ability to mentor and assist more junior colleagues if required.
- Good Interpersonal skills. Good Assertive telephone manner
Package: Basic starting salary depending on experience £28k to £32k plus annual 10% bonus (OTE) + BUPA + pension + full professional skills development / study support (e.g. AAT. ICM). Holidays: 23 days per year, rising by 1 day per annum, 8 free days between XMAS and New Year (not taken from holiday allowance), plus other Bank Holidays (5 days). Equates to approx 36 days per annum in total, increasing to 41. Annual salary reviews.
A true career development opportunity.
If this is of interest please apply with an updated CV in word format, along with a covering note explaining your current work situation, notice period and salary requirement.
Star Credit Recruitment Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job