Credit Controller/ Bookkeeper/ Rent Recovery Officer - No1 Social Housing Group in North London
Stone Lodge Group
London Headquarters: Palmers Green N13
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a long established social housing organisation who are leaders within their fields and who offer excellent career progression.
The SLG has been established for 20 years and cover areas including: social housing, property developments, property refurbishments, facilities management, property lettings & property management, hotels, hostels and B&B operations.
The SLG is one of the leading providers of Social Housing Accommodation in the Haringey, Enfield and surrounding areas.
This is a fantastic role, working for an outstanding Director and an outstanding team. With a family like environment, it's very rare for employees to leave the company. The Director welcomes new ideas and implements them right away if they make sense - this is the advantage the LHD has over housing associations - quick decision making without the red tape.
To support our expansion we are looking to fill a number of office based roles and have an immediate requirement for a Credit Controller/ Income Rent Recovery Officer
As Credit Controller/ Income Rent Recovery Officer you will work directly for the Managing Director and Finance Manager of the Group. You will be trained in CFP property management software, Sage 50, Quickbooks and advanced MS Office Excel.
Responsibilities of the role:
This fast paced, exciting and ever evolving role involves:
•Ensuring rent is collected in full and on time from the company’s portfolio of tenants
• Ensuring the company’s day to day invoices are paid in full and on time
• Telephone based debt recovery in order to settle overdue accounts
• Following company guidelines and standard procedures, issuing formal letters and notices on overdue invoices
• Generating new invoices
• Liaising with Local Authorities and other relevant agencies concerning benefit payments
• Liaising with the finance team regarding payment queries
Property Duties via CFP Lettings & Property Management Software:
- Daily rent chasing.
- Housing benefit rent recovery.
- Discretionary payment set ups.
- Payments to landlords and producing landlord statements.
- Rent chasing from our tenants.
- Invoicing local authorities for their emergency accommodation bookings.
- Chasing booking local authority booking officers for their POs.
- Ensuring that all fees have been charged.
- Checking and processing Tenant Deposits.
- Daily banking of cheques and taking Card payments via phone.
- Dealing with day to day queries professionally.
- Processing of contractor invoices and payments to contractors.
Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm or 9am - 6pm
Credit Control and Debt Recovery Experience.
• Good working knowledge of accounts based CRM systems.
• Excellent communication skills and good telephone manner.
• Able to act professionally at all times.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Must be computer literate.
• Ability to work on your own initiative.
• 2 x excellent references.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive;
20 days Annual Leave
An excellent team to work with
This is an outstanding role, where the Managing Director and the Management Team play a key role in your development within the organisation.
The SLG is a company with a reputation for hiring and training people to achieve their potential. They believe passion and a willingness to learn and work hard is the recipe for successful career progression.
If you feel you have the right attributes for this role and you have the drive and ambition to excel within the SLG please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your applications.
Key Words: Credit Control, Credit Controller, Senior Credit Controller, Rent Recovery, Rent Recovery Officer, Accounts Assistant, Income Recovery, Income Recovery Officer, Property, Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Accounts Manager, Accountant, Property, Property Financial Controller, Property Finance Manager, Property Finance Assistant, Property Accounts Manager, Property Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Book keeper, Bookkeeper, Accounts Manager, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Administration, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Finance Assistant, Property Accounts Assistant, Accounts Apprentice
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job