Credit Controller - Bath - £23k+
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Credit Controller to join a well-known and respected national firm. If you are looking for your next step with an innovative, growing company, my client can offer you a dynamic working environment with rewarding opportunities and benefits.
Headed up by the Chief Finance Officer, the accounts team are responsible for the smooth running of all finance related activities including Management Accounts, Accounts Payable, Cashiers and Credit Control. You will maintain cash collection for accounts within the trade terms i.e. maximise cash collection and minimise bad debt. You will maintain an excellent standard of customer service both internally and externally by a customer focused approach.
- Resolving any discrepancies, collections problems and customer queries.
- Maintaining contact with clients via phone and email to ensure invoices are clear for payment, maintaining an accurate record of all actions taken.
- Controls and reconciles accounts as directed by credit control supervisor.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Liaising with accounts managers.
- Payments allocations - daily bank postings, process cheques, card payments.
- Creating direct debit runs.
- Raising credit notes & refunds.
- Preparing regular customer statements.
- Checking customer’s credit ratings.
- Monitoring debtor balances to ensure a reduction in debtors’ days.
- Previous credit control experience or experience in a similar finance role
- Experience in making high volume of outbound calls and emails
- Excellent customer service skills and approach
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience and understanding of the purchase order process
- Minimum GCSE C or above in English & Mathematics or equivalent
- Ability to organise own workload and meet demanding deadlines and targets
- Excellent time management and strong organisational skills
- Need to be able to accommodate multiple tasks
- Excellent telephone manner to liaise with colleagues and customers at all levels confidently
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job