I am currently recruiting for my well established client based in Crewe. There is the need for a credit controller to join the team initially on a 12 month contract basis. - do not be put off by this as if things are working out there is definitely the potential for this to turn into a permanent opportunity for the right candidate. This role is credit control / collections and ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role. You will have a great customer service background whilst being financially aware.
* Respond to failed Direct Debit collections in line with company procedure, securing payment by alternative methods, including bank transfers and Credit/Debit card payments.
* Resolve technical DD issues with customer or bank, and reapply for DD collection, as appropriate.
* Escalate problematic accounts to Head Office if approval for next action is required.
* Respond to overdue non-DD balances in line with company procedures, securing payment by either bank transfer or Credit/Debit card payments.
* Prepare and send Dunning letters in line with company procedures.
* Pursue all collections activity on overdue balances to pre-legal stage in accordance with Credit Best Practice.
* Refer customer queries, especially those preventing payment, to Customer Service/Sales team for resolution.
* Refer all allegations of Fraud to Head Office fraud team.
* Apply Account blocks to delinquent customer accounts in line with company procedure.
* Maintain Customer Account contact records to reflect all Collections activity.
* Manage own workload.
* Conduct a monthly review of the ledger, and complete actions as necessary, including completion of monthly bad debt provisioning template, write-offs and ledger adjustments.
* Prepare and submit files to refer debts to 3rd party Collections agency for further action in line with company policy.
If you feel you have the necessary skills or a good amount of transferable skills please apply to be considered for the shortlist.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job