Credit Controller required for a service company
Job Summary Service Company is seeking a Credit Controller to join their small Finance team in their Cheadle. The successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller and ensure all outstanding debts are pursued and collected in accordance with procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties Key Duties To assist the Financial Controller in all credit control processes and the production of financial information as requested by the directors, to support the smooth running of the business.
Specific duties: Credit Control / Sales Ledger
- Production of credit checks as requested by Customer Account Managers and maintaining customer credit / on hold statuses
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer details
- Daily processing and delivery of sales invoices from all offices
- Regular customer contact by email and phone to ensure that all outstanding debts are pursued and collected in accordance with procedures
- Ensuring regular updates with internal Customer Account Managers to ensure client relations are maintained
- Pro-active debt management to lowest available aged debt on Sales Ledger
- Preparation of customer letters and statements
- Posting and reconciliation of client receipts
- Processing credit/debit card payments from debtors, complying with relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Resolving enquiries and queries from customers, escalating internally if required
- Weekly / monthly posting and reconciliation of all bank account transactions
- Submitting monthly financial information to external accountants
- Ensuring the filing of electronic / hard copy documents is done in a timely and accurate manner
- Seeking out opportunities to improve processes, procedures and controls
- Any other duties as requested by the Financial Controller / Directors
Desirable Key Skills and Qualifications
- Good Excel
- Microsoft dynamics would be beneficial
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Receivable
- Good customer service skillset.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.