Our client in the bridging / commercial property finance sector is looking for a Credit Controller to join their busy, dynamic team.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager and responsible for managing the assigned loans by managing the critical path agreed for the loan each month and ensuring that the loans are redeemed within the loan period and in line with the facility agreement.
Where the borrower falls into payment default, fails to adhere to the critical path agrees or the loan is not redeemed in full, act promptly and efficiently to communicate this to management to protect the company’s money.
• Coordinate telephone contact on a monthly basis with all current live loans or more frequently where risk dictates.
• Instruct and oversee legal collection when required in line with the collection policy.
• Assist in the monitoring and communicating with 'late payers’ to ensure payments are made in line with pre agreed payment arrangements or bought up to date to avoid a point of default.
• Manage loans in line with the pre agreed critical path.
• Immediately highlight expected late redemptions to allow proactive management of the loan.
• Monitor all development cost critical pathway dates and actions, communicate with the Asset Manager or QS where appropriate.
• Identify good borrowers, provide excellent customer service to all borrowers.
• Ensure the CRM is fully updated and all call recordings are correctly logged to ensure the management and resource can be directed to the higher risk loans.
• Ensure all loan conditions are complied with in accordance with any deadlines including conditions subsequent.
• Work with the department manager to support the successful rewrite of loans.
• Ensure the borrowers receive timely monthly calls and communications in line with the Credit Management policy.
• Undertake monthly checks against borrowers on Company’s House, The Insolvency Register, London Gazette (or other relevant sources).
• Complete pre-drawdown phone calls with borrowers and guarantors for every drawdown on every loan.
• Undertake site visits and reports to manage risk and ensure finance related works are on schedule and adequate.
The successful candidate will have some Credit Control experience, knowledge of bridging / property sector an advantage. You will need to be self motivated and be able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job