The Credit Control Team Leader is expected to supervise the credit control team. The team leader will be flexible, adaptable and able to work using their own initiative and understands the value of team work. They will be motivated by wanting to help others and the team to achieve goals. They will take pride in helping both team members, customers and internal management.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to, the main responsibilities given below.
- Deputising for the Finance Manager as and when required for all credit control related tasks and issues.
- To inspire the team to work together to achieve team and individual targets/KPI’s and to recognize any under-achievers/problem areas and identify areas of concern and resolve.
- Managing the Credit Control team on a daily basis ensuring all tasks are covered and solving escalated problems
- Motivate the team to work effectively and to a high standard, inspiring a positive attitude to quality and communication
- Monitoring the skills of team members, to identify and deliver training and development opportunities
- Checking quality and accuracy of individual’s and team’s work, ensure errors corrected and identify training needs
- Carry out individual staff appraisals for the team
- Ensuring existing tasks are completed
- Reporting of team achievements and ledger balances to the Finance Manager
- Chasing Vehicle Debt and the salespersons/Administrators involved. Maintaining the vehicle ledger to minimal outstanding debt and reporting all data and debt to Sales Team and Line Manager/Directors.
- Managing the Warranty Account Controller and ledger debt, ensuring all payments are allocated accurately and aged debt is being chased and monitored and report fully on this to Administrators and Line Manager/Directors.
- Ensuring own individual KPI’s are met which are based on Teams achievements.
- Any ad hoc Duties as and when required by the Finance Manager
To be successful within this role you will demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, motivational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan, organise, delegate and to provide leadership to staff.
- Self confident and assertive able to adapt behaviors to different situations.
- Experience in managing a team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job