Are you an experienced Credit Controller that is used to managing a strong team?
Do you have experience effectively creating and managing cash targets with a real focus on team welfare and performance?
Our finance team at Envigo, Huntingdon is expanding and we are looking for an accomplished Credit Controller.
This is an exciting and challenging role which should draw on a number of broad skills from a competent and experienced credit controller. The role will be balanced between managing a strong team of four (including managing performance appraisals and assigning cash collection targets) and performing their own credit control duties to a high standard. The candidate will also be involved in managing the credit check process, key customer accounts, dispute resolutions and presenting key metrics to management.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished credit controller, can effectively create and manage cash targets, is focused on team welfare and performance by leading by example, and is focused on developing the team in line with corporate cash strategy. This is an exciting time to be at Envigo during a period of major structural change and the candidate will be supported to be able to build their own competence and experience.
- Implementing the corporate cash strategy by working with the revenue accountant in designing team objectives and aligning the objectives to executive objectives.
- Enhancing team development so that the team members and the individual are working autonomously
- Provides daily metrics and discusses these with the team in the form of huddles
- Demonstrating competence in managing people so that they achieve their objectives and develop their careers
- Actively seeking to build a network with key sales contacts and be a helpful point of contact whilst maintaining high commercial standards
- Will get their 'hands dirty’ in cash collection and credit checks by managing the key accounts and certain ledgers and will lead by example
- Identify areas in which we can improve either by cutting wasteful processes or improving processes to decrease time taken to perform routine tasks
- Resolving invoice queries with customers or internal queries with account management
- Works well with other finance/shared services teams such accounts payable and will actively help in posting transactions to ensure smooth balances and progress in wider teams
- Can confidently report to management and be proactive in reporting
- Can draw on a wealth of experience to improve credit control processes
- Organisational and team planning skills
- Competent with Excel and Accounting Systems
- Quality driven
- Socially intelligent
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- AAT qualified or can demonstrate a knowledge of basic accounting rules
- Worked with or has an awareness of SOX processes
- Credit Control
- Finance Team