Credit Control Supervisor
Westbury On Trym
£26,000 - £32,000 per annum
09:00 - 17:00
Are you looking to work with like-minded, career-driven individuals?
Are you looking to continue or advance your career in credit control?
Office Angels are delighted to be working for a leading Engineering Consultancy who are seeking a reliable and articulate candidate to assist in their Finance department.
Our client is able to offer a fun and social working environment and so are looking for a friendly and adaptable individual to join their small team. The successful candidate will be proactive, self motivated and work well in an ever changing environment. It is essential that, as a Credit Control supervisor, you have the ability to work well to tight deadlines and have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Proven experience within Credit Control is essential and experience managing a team is desirable.
Duties will include:
- Manage the Credit Control & Sales Ledger functions with three direct report
- Ensure Sales Ledger processes are efficiently and accurately managed within Company guidelines and timeframes
- Review the Company credit control procedure and develop and implement enhancements where required
- Manage the outstanding sales balances falling due and contact customers on a daily basis to confirm payments
- Actively ensure that company cash collection and KPI targets are met
- Actively resolve outstanding sales ledger and collection queries by proactively communicating with branches & customers and distributing a weekly query log for timely actions to be completed (query log to be in a suitably understandable format)
- Set and monitor credit limits within Company guidelines (as per Credit Policy)
- Allocate payments to Sales Ledger Accounts and resolve outstanding balance queries
- Where required send debtors letters and initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Keep the company up to date with new credit management procedures and techniques
- Manage the monthly distribution of customer statements
- Issue weekly customer reports to branches to include: 'Do not Trade', 'High Risk Customers', 'Customers over credit limit'. This information should allow decisions regarding on-going trading to be made.
- Prepare weekly and monthly collection and query reports for distribution to Management
Other qualities and requirements:
- Maintain standards of professional practice and readily accept responsibility for yourself and others.
- Take responsibility for managing situations and problems. Lead by example, showing a commitment and a determination to succeed.
- Ensure adequate communication of proposed changes, implement the change plan effectively, and encourage involvement of all individuals affected by the changes.
- Plan activities thoroughly, build milestones into plans, monitor progress and adjust them as necessary in response to any changes.
Our client is looking for a committed candidate who prides themselves on excellent customer service at all times. If this is you and you are available to start in February, please apply immediately!
Every single application we receive is reviewed by a member of the team at Office Angels Bristol. We will respond in writing within one working day. We get a large number of applications every day so it's not possible to call everyone but if we feel we can help we'll call you to discuss how.
The team at Office Angels Bristol are experts in their field, recruiting for a variety of clients of all industries and sizes throughout the area including Bristol City Centre, Avonmouth, Chipping Sodbury, Severn Beach, Yate, Aztec West, Clevedon, Weston-Super-Mare, Nailsea, Bath, Kingswood, Filton, Thornbury, Portishead, Hanham, Clifton and more. When we receive your application we consider whether there are other opportunities that might interest you, but feel free to help us by applying for all roles that suit your needs. For a range of advice designed to give you the head start you need in your search for work please visit our website.
Office Angels is an equal opportunities employer.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.