Credit Control Manager
Watford - Up to £45,000
Credit Control Manager required for one of the UK's leading energy providers.
- Manage daily processes across the department, oversee staff who are running these processes and help motivate the team.
- Handle disputed accounts and liaise with customers where escalations require it.
- Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Produce and analyse reports, making recommendations or highlighting areas for improvement. Problem solving for a wide range of issues.
- Reduce overall debt levels via effective debt collection and take preventative action to avoid further debt / arrears.
- Work with a number of different bespoke systems.
- Build relationships with other departments to ensure an integrated approach to credit control.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that debt collection is maximised. Liaise with 3rd parties to develop and streamline processes, for example debt collection and trace agencies.
- Analyse the aged debtors and improve reporting to show progress on reducing these levels. Establish process to focus debt chasing to targeted levels (in line with expectations set by the Exec Team).
- Help to define true backlog and agree an action plan for resolution/write off and work with other departments to create and deliver solutions for the hard-core debtors/problem sites which are still having a live impact if the company is unable to get rid of the supply.
- Experience working for an energy supplier
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing business
- Experience in leading and building a team
- Decision making and prioritisation skills
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Willingness to get involved in the work of the company; to take an interest in the company's objectives and to offer assistance where appropriate
Keywords: energy, utility, utilities, water, telecoms, gas, electric
- credit control
- credit control manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job