Credit Control Manager
Glide - Birmingham B1
£26-£30 depending on experience.
Making Life Simple.
Glide is a young company with big aspirations. Currently making life simple for more than 40,000 students, professionals and landlords, and 400,000 customers across the Cablecom group, we have an ambition to grow our numbers even further in the coming years. By doing our job well, our customers have more time to do the things they love. It's a pretty selfless task but we love to do it.
About the Role
Accountable for operational and day to day debt recovery across various aged debt books. Improving and implementing new processes to minimise credit risk and increase company profits. Responsible for all documentation including policies and compliance regulations. Managing and coaching a large credit control team to achieve and exceed daily targets. Building and maintaining relationship with senior management and external suppliers to reduce bad debt. Ownership of budgets and resources for the department. Setting targets for bad debt provision, debtors days and monthly cash collection. Reporting to the Financial Director on key accounts and team performance. Other responsibilities will include:
- Motivating credit controllers to meet monthly target
- Reporting MI to Senior Management and attend monthly meetings
- Implementation and updating credit control Policies and functions
- Developing and training credit controllers to achieve best practice
- Allocating payments to customer accounts
- Taking ownership on decisions of client refunds via BACS and Sage Pay
- Prepare all the pre - legal accounts to be referred to legal
- Communicating and monitoring DCA performance
- Taking escalation calls from other members of staff to help resolve debt related queries.
- Send requests to make improvements on systems
- Organise team meetings and 1 to 1’s
- Develop and deliver on projects to improve cash collection
Who we're looking for
In addition to being confident in your knowledge of best practice debt collection processes, you will have a track record of delivering high-volume outbound contacts to collect cash across multiple debt ledgers. It would also be ideal if you have experience of acting as a point of escalation for difficult contacts.
You'll also be able to produce excellent internal and external communications, and be great at developing relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Ability to present information in a structured and balanced way
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Confident and professional telephone manor
- Advanced excel skills
- Utilities experience (desirable)
- Effective communication skills
Working at Glide.
The Cablecom group has offices all over the country, including Bristol, Leeds and Warwick, but our Birmingham office isn't a normal office. We're a little family that cares about each other. That doesn’t mean we just ask people how their day is going, it means that whether it’s a personal or professional goal, we’re committed to helping people get to where they want to be. We routinely ensure Gliders are objective setting and thinking about their development, and you shouldn’t be surprised if our directors want to know what yours are.
Here at Glide, we believe in hard work in an informal atmosphere that encourages our people to express their ideas. Not only do we have dedicated channels for people to express their suggestions for improvement, in our latest employee satisfaction survey 98% of our employees told us that they feel empowered to make decisions that impact their role.
Being a Glider isn't simply clocking in and clocking out. We're a highly creative and social bunch that spends as much time together outside of the office as we do at our desks. Whether it’s after work socials, our legendary away days or the exclusive annual Glide summer party, a Glider is always looking for an adventure and seeing what the world has to offer.
Reporting to: Financial Director
Salary: £26-£30 depending on experience.
Working Hours: 40 per week, Monday - Friday. Latest shift finishing at 18.00 in peak periods.
Holidays: 28 Days a year total including bank holidays, increasing yearly for every year of service.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary £26-£30 depending on experience.
- Credit Control experience : 2 years
- Management experience : 2 years
- Advanced Excel
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job