We have a fantastic opportunity within our Pub Partners division for a Credit Control Manager.
We own over 1,200 pubs across the UK that are operated by independent licensees running their own businesses through Greene King – each pub has its own unique style from traditional country inns to city centre bars.
Managing a busy credit control team, based in Bury St Edmunds and reporting to the Head of Finance. Preferably fully qualified ICM, with experience of a multi-site operation and collection of overdue accounts on a weekly basis. Ability to present at regional meetings and Exec Board level, demonstrating a commercial approach to resolving credit management issues.
Must be confident in leading face to face meetings with licensee’s and field based personnel, with strong influencing skills and an ability to build relationships, with key personnel in Greene King and promote an ‘easy to do business with’ approach to both internal and external customers. Experience of working in a fast paced business environment, with a sensible commercial approach in all decision making, to ensure continuity of product supply whilst minimising business exposure. The business revolves around weekly reporting and reviews with the credit control team, to ensure best practice is observed and issues are resolved at pace, whilst leading and coaching the development of the team. Regular liaison with the senior credit and operations manager to ensure their focus on prioritised issues in the field and key business disputes.
- Qualified ICM
- Experienced in use of litigation and insolvency processes and practices.
- Solid experience of managing a credit control team, in a multi-site environment
- Ability to present at regional operations and Exec Board level
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- A hands on commercial approach to credit management and decision making
- Proven ability to reduce debt and drive best practice
- Able to lead and motivate the team to deliver ahead of budget on overdue debt percentages and disputes
- Demonstrate an ‘easy to do business with’ approach in day to day approach to managing and coaching the team
- Build strong relationships with senior member of the business and field based operations personnel
- Able to travel (including overnight where necessary) to meet tenants face to face negotiating difficult situations and resolving key issues
- Full clean driving licence
We will be considering applications as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application
Location: Bury St Edmunds, UKReference Code 1180790