We are currently recruiting for Finance /General Recovery Officer to join the Recovery Team on a fixed term contract (12 months) to provide a full collection and debt recovery service on a range of debts across the council. The role is full-time (37 hours per week) between 9-5.30pm
- Credit / Debit chasing on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all debts are progressed through their respective recovery cycles promptly.
- Dealing with correspondence from debtors and/or third parties via post, email and telephone.
- Making pro-active telephone calls regarding the payment and recovery of debts.
- Tracing missing debtors via Tracing Agency, Experian or other available systems.
- Taking payments through Paye.net.
- Make appropriate referrals to the Debt Collector, review returns from the Debt Collector and make recommendations for County Court Claims.
- Making recommendations and preparation of write offs.
- Record all recovery actions on the appropriate IT system.
- To ensure that all work processed complies with SLAs, regulatory and audit requirements.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- A high level of Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
- Debt recovery experience.
- Can communicate clearly through correspondence and dealings on the telephone.
- Able to liaise effectively with our clients both orally and in writing, including those clients who may be vulnerable.
- Able to produce high quality and accurate documentation.
- Attention to detail and proactive approach to debt recovery.
- Ability to handle yourself in a confident and professional manner at all times.
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Able to work on own initiative and to agreed targets by prioritising and planning.
- Be an active member of the team and able to assist other team members when required.
Car parking on site plus 33 days holiday 12 month contract.
Salary: £21,007 - £24,238 (12 months Fixed term)
- Debt recovery
- Customer services
- Credit control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job